He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Friday, June 27, 2014

Observing different environment & their different energies

Having been in Brisbane one whole year, coming back to Singapore (haven't even started work), I felt a very different environment & a corresponding different energy feel.

In Brisbane I feel relatively more relax and not so hurried. 
Back home now, energies of tension, stress & 'rushing' are coming back to me.
Old and familiar stuffs, so easy and quick to settle into these old grooves, very unfortunately =P

Reflection:

Indeed Singapore does not present an ideal environment for spiritual practice.
But we can also see the same environment as offering many opportunities for practice.
When these energies arises, notice them, refrain from following our self-centred thoughts and let the moment be our teacher.

Yesterday, I had an interesting experience.
A lorry banged into me while reversing, damaging my car plate.
Went into a negative emotion storm. (ha-ha yes I lose my fuse quite easily one)
Am glad I remember to bring a practice perspective into the situation after a few moments.
I was generally able to keep calm and recognise what was going on.

Could see that I was dealing with a very poor uncle in his 60s struggling to make ends meet in his life.  I am not sure but I was confident that the amount of money required to replace the number plate meant a lot to him.

When the emotion storm settled, I was able to see that the best thing to do is really just to pay for a new car plate myself.  This was not clear to me until after he left!
So I called back the uncle to tell him I will settle myself and told him to be more careful next time.
He told me he was grateful, and I felt gratefulness too, Amituofo.


May all of us continue to enjoy our practice and be well and happy.
Amituofo.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment