He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Recognize, Refrain, Return

A particular nuance:

1. Recognize that I am caught in a self-centred dream
2. Holding onto the self-centred thoughts, exactly the dream! - Refrain
3. Return to the mind before thinking - Only go straight Don't Know...

Sometimes when I am caught in a strong emotion, even with recognition that I am caught in an emotion, it is not exactly easy to refrain from holding onto the thoughts (e.g. angry thoughts) because they seem so solid, so real and so juicy!

It is therefore helpful to remind that I am caught in a self-centred dream.
Or to remind myself that this is "like a dream, an illusion, a bubble, a reflection" (as extracted from a line from the diamond sutra.
Such reminders can help to put the emotional outburst into a more balanced perspective and makes it easier for me to transit from recognize to refrain and returning to the here and now.

May all of us continue to enjoy our practice and be well and happy.
Amituofo. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment