He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Friday, January 2, 2009

walking sleep

jus earlier on in the day, walking from e carpark to my office, i was totally absorbed in an incessant stream of thinking... body walking, mind thinking... not seeing not hearing... totally in a "walking sleep"... zzz...

then suddenly,

from e distant background a whistle sounds peeeeeeeeeee...

just hearing... momentary gap in the stream of thought...

feeling the movement of my feet, movement of my body, tension in my body, just seeing just hearing... relieved to hav woken up from my "walking sleep"...

yaWn...

whats e hurry?

pace slow down... peace each step...

instead of galloping about, we walk slowly, like a cow or an elephant... if u walk slowly, without any idea of gain, then u are alr a good zen student...

-shunryu suzuki roshi

No comments:

Post a Comment