He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Saturday, February 14, 2009

moment to moment - choosing to appreciate our life or to spin off into our self centered dream

i was eating my favourite chicken rice halfway n realised i was "not eating my chicken rice" anymore but "eating my self-centered thinking" haha =P

how much of my life i spend in waking sleep,
choosing to spin off into my mental world of resenting e past, worrying about e future etc...
and how little attention is given to the activity at hand, where life is right here n now...

reminding myself to return to the present moment,
to the chewing of the rice, the taste in my mouth, the tension in my body, the noisy surroundings of the hawker center...
choosing to appreciate the present moment, which is to appreciate my life...

similarly in other everyday activities,
e.g. talking to a fren, how often i choose to dwell in my own opinions and judgements than to really listen... e.g. driving my car, how often i choose to worry about something than to give my full attention to the road...

choosing to spin off into my self centered dream i miss and shut off the most important thing in life, life itself...
by choosing to stay present, we can slowly move towards living a more open, more genuine, more sincere and appreciative way of life in gratitude of the little things in life...

so moment to moment - we can choose to to appreciate our life or choose to spin off in our self centered dream and shut off from our life... its our choice =)

All i can experience and work with is what my life is right now.
That's all i can do.
The rest is the dream of ego.
~ Charlotte Joko Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment