He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Forgot to pull out the trash for the garbage truck!

This morning, horror of horrors, I forgotten to pull out my house's garbage for the weekly garbage truck run to clear the trash.
The next run is 7 days from now and terrible thoughts of the filthy, overfilled garbage bin (in summer, worse! think maggots!) for the coming week and so on filled my mind...
Before I know it, I was overwhelmed with emotion and an emotional drama that was blown way out of proportion...

Suddenly remembering my practice to work with my emotions, I recognised what is going on, dropped the storyline, breath in with my emotions and feel it.

Tuning into my physical body, I feel very vividly the sharp painful sensations in my heart.
But in just a few moments, the feeling subsided...
Becoming more present & grounded, there was a quiet joy...

I realised very clearly in that moment, that the storyline was escalating and driving the emotions, dropping the storyline, I sorta pulled the plug on the whole drama, and it fizzle out...

But I also realised the job's not done, I gotta maintain mindfulness, as the storyline can creep back in rather quickly, e.g. thinking about the maggots will do the trick... and the emotion will follow like its shadow...

Will continue working with my emotions...

May all of us continue to enjoy our practice and be well and happy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment