He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Tibetan Book of Living & Dying

Currently reading the Tibetan Book of Living & Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche.

It is truly a spiritual classic that even before finishing the book, I made intention to re-read this book in the near future to reinforce my understanding of the wisdom contained within.

Reflecting on death is one of the central theme in this book and I must say the effect on me is that it serves as a gentle (or maybe not so gentle...) admonition to make that extra effort to do my spiritual practice while I am still alive!

From the book, a Tibetan saying goes, "We do not know, if tomorrow comes first or next life comes first."  What an admonition!

Overall, I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in finding out more about the meaning of life & death.  It is truly inspiring, offers a wealth of wisdom and plenty of practical & compassionate advise on spiritual practice, living & dying.

May all of us continue to enjoy our practice and be well & happy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment