He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Peace, No peace, Coming, Going...

Today I did a one day silent retreat with the Ordinary Mind Zen Group @ Mercy Place.
I am very grateful to Gregg and the Zen group for the wonderful opportunity to intensify my practice...deep bow...

In between wandering thoughts and drowsiness, there were short moments of relative silence as well, letting go of my thinking, just hearing the air-con, just breathing in, out on my cushion or during breaks, just hearing the birds chirping, just looking at the greenery...
Ahhhh... Silence... Stillness...  Peace...

The retreat was from 9 - 5pm.
After which we went home.

After returning to the muddy waters of everyday life, over the most trivial matters, irritation and frustration took over me.  I went into unconscious reactions and negativities...
Grrrr.... Spinning storylines... Uncomfortable physical sensations... No Peace...

Anyway, luckily impermanence came to my rescue and the storm was over.
I forgive myself for not being at peace =)

May all of us continue to enjoy our practice and be well and happy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment