He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dual Practice of Chan & Pure Land

Recently did some reading on rebirth and related Buddhist stuffs.
Not sure why but the pure land tradition which I had long been aware of, suddenly made perfect sense to me.

Based on beliefs in karma and rebirth, pure land tradition is about resolving to attain rebirth in the pure land to study under Amituofo, where Amituofo has created a place that is perfect for spiritual practice and allows one to practice without regression.

Based on my own spiritual practice over more than 10 years, I have experienced all sorts of regressions over days, months and years due to internal (laziness, cravings, frustrations etc.) and external (overwhelming work schedule, family responsibilities etc.) conditions that are non-conducive for spiritual practice.

Since I believe in rebirth, so why not aspire to a better rebirth in a place that offers the most conducive environment for spiritual practice?

Henceforth, while I continue to practice Chan(Zen), mainly through the methods of mindfulness of the body and breath, I have included the method of mindfulness of the Buddha's name (recitation of Amituofo) into my repertoire of practice techniques.

My practice philosophy has also been adjusted to:

Committed to the path of learning to live authentically;
Supported by mindfulness of the body & breath.
Faith in & aspire to seek rebirth in Amituofo's Pure Land;
Supported by mindfulness of the Buddha's Name.

May all of us continue to enjoy our practice and be well and happy.
Amituofo.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment