He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Final One Day Silent Intensive in Brisbane

Attended I think around 7 one day intensives with the Brisbane Ordinary Mind Zen Group.
Today's the last one cause I be back in Singapore next month.
Time flies, one year has passed since coming here.

Am very grateful and appreciative for the guidance, friendship and practice opportunity that the group and their guiding teacher Gregg Howard have given me for the past year.

Without practicing with them, my spiritual practice during my one year stay in Brisbane would have taken a 'sink or swim' approach and more likely sink than swim =P

Learned and focused on two very valuable techniques while I was here.

1. Formal Sitting - I usually sit using following/counting the breath in a rather focused manner (calm abiding).  Over here I begin to appreciate a more open awareness style (clear seeing) using the breath as an anchor (still need some calmness =p).  I have learned and experimented with open awareness approaches in the past but they were fleeting.  Over the course of this one year, I consistently sat with a the open awareness approach and am very grateful for it as it helps expand my container of awareness, even as a beginner =)

2. Everyday Life - Practicing with emotions is something I tried to do for quite a number of years but again it is in this year that I was able to do it with more consistency helped by the fact that this was an area that Ordinary Mind Zen Practice emphasised.  Recognise, Refrain and Return.  Over and over again.  While I still struggle with emotional difficulties obviously as I am still very much a beginner, I am glad that this technique is finally becoming more integrated in my life, the recent dream post where I remembered to do the 3R was an interesting note, where while it was funny in a way, it also demonstrated to me the power of the 3R method =)

May all of us continue to enjoy our practice and be well and happy.
Amituofo.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment