He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Reflection on Zen Mind & Everyday Mind

This post is based on my little reflection.
I changed the title of blog from ordinary mind to everyday mind to reflect emphasis on everyday life engagements. (actually ordinary mind is about the same thing but currently I think everyday mind is more reflective of my intention)

Current understanding and focus of practicing in my everyday life is on the 3R (Recognise, Refrain & Return).
3R is to me, about noticing the ways I get entangled and identified with the various states of narrowed-mindedness or self-centeredness in my everyday life engagements - such as getting caught up in emotional distress, vexations, being unkind, being petty etc...

Practicing 3R helps me to gently release the entanglements and identifications...
Sometimes the entanglements are completely released... (complete the 3R process)
Sometimes I am only able to loosen the grip a little bit... (muddling through the process)
Sometimes I am only able to notice the intensity that's all... (unable to go beyond 1st R)
Slowly slowly over time this helps to bring some light into my self-centred dreams...
Slowly slowly this helps to open my narrow mind & closed heart little by little...

May all of us continue to enjoy our practice and be well and happy.
Amituofo.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment