He's on his way back home

He's on his way back home

Friday, December 13, 2013

Anapanasati Sutta - Practicing with Painful Feelings

Based on a translation by Thich Nhat Hanh, he included two exercises to take care of our painful feelings.

I find it quite a helpful method whenever painful emotions arise during the course of everyday life and I hope you will find it useful as well =)

1. Recognizing Painful Feelings

When a painful emotion arises, recognize and embrace it with the mindful breathing and the following gathas:

Breathing in, I'm aware of a painful feeling in me.
Breathing out, I'm aware of a painful feeling in me.

2. Relieving Painful Feelings

After recognizing, embrace the emotion:

Breathing in, I embrace my painful feeling.
Breathing out, I calm my painful feeling.

Some relief already?

May all be well and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment